Coverage for Captain/Crew Members
- Worldwide medical coverage built for Crew Members.
- Select from a range of deductibles and rates.
- Choose providers either in or out of our elite network.
See more benefits and highlights below.
Highlights & FAQs
Expat Crew Medical Coverage
- Contraceptive services, surgeries and supplies are covered under the policy.
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum.
- Deductible waived for office visits with doctors.
- No waiting period or sublimit for preventive services.
- No precertification penalty for inpatient or outpatient care.
- Pre-existing conditions covered with creditable coverage.
- Illnesses and injuries related to terrorism are covered.
- Sail boat racing and alcohol related injuries are covered.
- Meets all Schengen Visa requirements.
No, this plan is not a guaranteed issue plan. Each application is medically underwritten. Your application may be 1) accepted, 2) accepted with a rate increase due to your health status, or 3) denied.
At the time of enrollment, GeoBlue has a 6 month enrollment minimum. However, customers are not locked into a 6 month contract. GeoBlue understands that life plans change, therefore we allow our members to cancel any month they choose with no cancellation fees or penalties. All cancellation requests must come from the insured subscriber and be received by GeoBlue in writing via email, fax, or regular mail. GeoBlue does not refund premium for a partial month. Retroactive cancellations are not permitted.
Providers in our US Network and carefully selected providers outside the US can arrange for the bills to be sent directly to GeoBlue for payment. GeoBlue will automatically arrange for direct settlement of the bill for this visit. Please note, direct billing may not be available everywhere.
Direct billing can also be requested by calling the assistance telephone number listed on your member ID card, or by emailing email@example.com. Please note that in the U.S. a member can simply show their ID card at time of service and participating providers will only bill the member for any required deductible or co-payment.
A claims instruction page is available online and can be accessed by visiting www.geobluetravelinsurance.com Claim forms are downloadable from this section of the site as well.
Claims are promptly processed in accordance with industry standards. However, when additional information is required to complete the Proof of Claim, processing will be delayed. When that happens, the insured will soon receive an Explanation of Benefits indicating what is needed for further consideration.
Many health insurance policies have limitations on the types of treatment that will be covered while traveling abroad, so if you need to visit a medical facility in another country, or be evacuated to another location that can better treat you, your health insurance may not cover it. Travel insurance can fill that gap—most travel insurance policies have the option of covering illnesses.